- This event has passed.
Real LIFE Boot Camp
May 26 @ 8:00 am - 5:30 pm MDT
May 26 – 28, 2023
Salt Lake City, Utah
The Real LIFE Bootcamp is a 2 1⁄2 day in-person skill-building intensive for working with people. The proposition underlying this training is that bettering your people skills means bettering your relationship to yourself. It involves awareness, work, play, and not knowing. This training is based on action-learning: learning by doing in a feedback-rich environment. It is highly experiential and engages the group in dialogue and exercises to awaken our understanding and capacity to work with challenging occasions, turning them to opportunities for deeper bonding and growth.
The Boot Camp experience weaves in live demonstrations and unique “pointing out” instructions, making the subtle group dynamics more visible to everyone. And because this is a training environment you will have opportunities to practice facilitating group conversations and receive real-time coaching and feedback from your lead trainers, coaches, and peers.
- Integral Practice: The ability to seek, take, and integrate perspectives
- Self Development: Using your own awareness, emotional intelligence, and presence as a barometer for working with your group
- Attention to Energy: Sensing the energetic qualities in the room (more than what people say) such as coherence, differentiation, vitality, or sluggishness, in order to better serve the whole.
The Real LIFE Bootcamp will emphasize conversation in the culture wars, because us-versus-them is one of the deadliest forces on the planet, fracturing our relationships and fragmenting our meaning-making.
WE WILL EXPLORE
- Seeing clearly over group think
- Creative tension over polarization
- Meaningful expression over policing of speech
- Flex flow over identity politics
- Productive over damaging conflict
- Human contact rather than ideology
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- 18 hours of live instruction, practice, and Q&A with gifted facilitators Diane Musho Hamilton and Gabriel Wilson
- Live demonstrations with real-time commentary to make group dynamics visible
- Sessions to practice group facilitation and receive real-time coaching and feedback
- Access to mp3 audio files of all teaching sessions
Registration is limited to 24 participants. Scholarship opportunities are available for those under 30, people of color, and those with a negative currency exchange against the US dollar.
Real LIFE Programs are sponsored and administered by Two Arrows Zen.
The Real LIFE Bootcamp will process a full refund of program fee deposits, less a $250.00 admin fee, when a written request for withdrawal is received by April 28, 2023. The program will process a 50% refund of fees paid when a written request for withdrawal is received between April 29 and May 12, 2023. After May 12, 2023 if a registered participant withdraws from the Real LIFE Bootcamp there are no refunds for any reason, unless the space fills from a wait list.
TRAVEL & LODGING INFORMATION
The venue for the Real LIFE Boot Camp is Two Arrows Zen, 230 South 500 West, Salt Lake City, Utah, 84101. The location is in downtown Salt Lake City. There are many hotels nearby. If searching Airbnb, listings in the Marmalade District, Downtown listings that reference the Salt Palace and Vivint Center, or the Capitol Hill district might be fruitful. Listings that say “near Gateway” are very close.
Please arrange flights to arrive in Salt Lake City on Thursday, May 25. Departing flights can be booked for an afternoon or evening departure on Sunday, May 28. The airport is about 15 minutes from the venue. Most airlines require check-in 2 hours before flight time.