Down and Dirty Meeting Design
May 31, 2024 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm MDT
1-Day Online Workshop
with Diane Musho Hamilton
May 31, 2024, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
As leaders, team members, and consultants, we spent a lot of time in meetings. A lot. But we spend almost no time thinking seriously about what makes them efficient and enjoyable.
This one-day online workshop will look at some of the essential elements of meetings, and how to use them to create meetings that work for everyone. This is an affordable, practical training for leaders, community organizers, volunteer coordinators, and anyone who leads (or even participates in) meetings. Bring your entire team for a day of learning how to make your time in meetings more satisfying and productive.
We’ll cover a lot of ground in just 6 hours, and will focus on:
- Meetings structure and time (beginnings, middles, and ends)
- Open discussions v. competition and one-up one-down
- How conflicts can be a good thing
- Decision making process and outcomes
The program will include useful conceptual maps, small group discussions, and practice scenarios. This experience will give you the tools you need to design simple, effective meetings, competently facilitate discussions, help your groups make good decisions, and create an atmosphere that is enjoyable and productive.
THE ELEMENTS WE WILL COVER
- The role and skills of a meeting facilitator
- Leadership and participation
- Meeting design, timeframes, and logistics
- Agenda planning tips and tools
- Meeting purpose, ground rules, and decision-making processes
- Building rapport, identifying shared values and desired outcomes
- Ground rules and decision making
- Meeting processes: Open discussion, brainstorming, surfacing issues and problems, taking questions, and identifying options
- Working with stuck places and people
- Implementation and next steps
- Meeting evaluation and feedback
The agenda will include useful conceptual maps, small group discussions, and practice scenarios. This experience will give you the tools you need to design simple, effective meetings, competently facilitate discussions, help your groups make good decisions, and create an atmosphere that is enjoyable and productive.
Crew of 2 – $299
Crew of 3 – $399
Crew of 4 – $499
Crew of 5 – $599
Down and Dirty Meeting Design is offered by Real LIFE Programs, administered by Two Arrows Zen.
REFUND POLICY: Online Workshop fees are refundable 14 days before a scheduled event, less a $75 admin fee. After that date, there are no refunds for any reason, unless your space fills from a wait list. In that case 50% of your program fee will be refunded.